21 Jul Free Minimalist WordPress Themes
Today we present to you some of the best minimalist WordPress themes you can start using today and the best part is they are all free! All the themes mention below are modern so they are all responsive to give readers a great all round experience.
The list mentioned below is not enough?
SEO norms are kept in mind while designing this theme and it's perfect for those businesses which are looking to have a full-width website. It uses the famous one-page layout with different scroll animations and parallax effects to deliver an amazing experience while navigating around. The images in the full-screen are shown, thanks to the built-in Lightbox integration. It also packs social sharing tools and is ready to be used for non-profit or e-commerce niches.
- It is compatible with all popular WordPress plugins like Contact Form 7, Jetpack, Form Maker, etc.
- It is compatible with BuddyPress and bbPress, allowing you to run an online community.
- It supports threaded comments and is ready for translation.
How Fast is Business Elite?
PageSpeed Insights test results:
- Tested on Desktop: 50/100
- Tested on Mobile: 58/100
- Requests:Â 103
- Load time: 3.09 s
- Page size: 4.9 MB
Tested from San Jose, California, USA
It’s a known name in this particular niche, especially the free themes, and it’s developed by ThemeIsle. It’s a perfect theme for running a business website or to showcase the work portfolio with samples. It uses parallax scrolling effects in the best possible way to deliver a super awesome experience. Moreover, it is built on the Bootstrap framework which adds modern design elements along with top-notch security at the base.
- It is compatible to work with WooCommerce, allowing the webmaster to run an e-commerce.
- It is compatible with smartphones and tablets and even the one with Retina display.
- Everything is SEO friendly, keeping the website on better positions among SERPs.
It’s a food niche blog theme which can be used for running aphoto bloggingg community. It comes with support for featured images, editor style layout, custom menu, custom header, threaded comments, and active translation. It even supports RTL languages to completely keep things working on a global level. It’s an extremely simple and lightweight theme which doesn't have tons of features to stay minimal. Two color schemes are also offered to be selected from.
It’s a theme with a specific UI, designed keeping in mind the mobile devices at first. The whole layout is fluid and super responsive, and it is also compatible with WordPress’s Live Customizer for bringing quick visual changes. It comes with built-in support for social media profiles and is a business ready theme with most of the details mentioned on the front side. It supports Microformats and SEO norms to get better SERP rankings.
- It supports most of the Google Fonts, which are one click away from installing and changing the whole typography.
- It allows choosing any color scheme for the accent and also comes with a custom header and Menu.
- It supports translation and even the RTL languages, making sure the content is available for global audiences.
After looking at its demo, you’ll find it hard to believe that the developer has given it away from free. It lacks few features for being a totally premium theme, but whatever else it packs, still makes it a premium entry. It comes with few customization options for the color scheme, header area, navigation, and background. The UI is super cool and elegant and perfectly matches our niche.
- It is compatible with cross browsers and is responsive to support mobile devices properly.
- It packs Theme Options panel at the Dashboard allowing the webmaster to bring possible changes quickly.
- It is always compatible with the latest WordPress version as the developer is keen to keep it updated.
Bizz is another free business and portfolio theme for WordPress which comes with elegant design and layout. It’s a product of a known developer team and to get it, you need to sign up for their free account. The design part is clean and simple, which makes it qualify for our compilation here. The homepage area features a slider which can possess images with or without URLs. That means you can either link a post or image or start a simple slideshow which does nothing except showing the pictures.
- It has a responsive layout which ensures proper compatibility of the layout with mobile devices.
- It supports images, videos, and other post types inside the portfolio section.
- It has dedicated blog layout with featured images and threaded comment support.