01 Jun Testing the automatic upgrade to WordPress 3.0
Are you interested in trying out the automatic upgrade from WordPress MU 2.9.2 to WordPress 3.0 before WordPress 3.0 is released? Currently, WordPress 3.0 is at RC1 and it may be another two weeks or more before it 3.0 is officially released.
Upgrading a WordPress MU install to the WordPress 3.0 RC with the built in upgrade feature is now possible with the WordPress Beta Tester plugin. Here are the steps:
- Make a backup of your database and files in your MU install
- Install and activate the latest (0.92) version of the Beta Tester plugin
- Go to the beta tester admin page under Tools->Beta Testing
- Choose the Bleeding edge nightlies radio button & Save
- Click on the head on over and update now link to go to the Update admin page
- Click on Upgrade Automatically
- After the upgrade is complete, click on your Dashboard icon
Issues & errors may be reported at WordPress Trac. Note that some themes and plugins may need to be updated to work with WordPress 3.0. Please try to determine whether an issue is plugin/theme related or an issue WordPress. Issues with themes and plugins should be directed to the theme/plugin author.