Adopt a plugin or 7
My profile on WordPress.org has almost 30 plugins listed. I wrote (or contributed to) some of these to fill a vacancy (at the time) in basic functionality available in the community. There are others that I wrote as part of a development project. There are several that we have never used on our sites.
Over the last 5+ years, Andrea & I have invested a great deal of volunteer time into the WordPress & WordPress MU communities. At the same time, our retirement has gotten 5 years closer and ensuring a decent income has to be our first priority. As a result, I simply do not have enough free time to maintain all of those plugins (plus about 20 more hosted here or elsewhere).
I’m looking for people who are actively using the plugins listed below to consider becoming a contributor and/or maintainer. If you are interested please let me know through our contact form.
- Advanced Export – This plugin still works but is largely redundant to the built in export feature in its current form. However, there is room to add features for custom post types and custom taxonomies.
- BP Blog Author Link – I’ve had reports that this does not work with BP 1.5.X. Given it only has a few lines of code, I’m sure it’s a simple fix.
- Adopted Cron Debug – I wrote this to troubleshoot a cron issue on a client install. For what I was doing it was essentially a one use plugin so I didn’t invest time in creating a UI for it. There is lots of room in this one to expand it so that it can be used by non server admins.
- Adopted Network Privacy – There are a couple issues with this plugin in WP 3.3 & BP 1.5.X that people have proposed fixes for. Otherwise, this one still works.
- SharDB – SharDB works a treat with WP 3.0 through 3.3.1 & BP 1.2 through BP 1.5.4. There are quite a few installs using SharDB that are getting in the traffic range where they are going to need to migrate to a master/slave MySQL setup. Some of the master/slave code is already there but I haven’t had the time to ferret out a couple bugs. Since this plugin is the most advanced one I have, I would consider working on it as a sponsored project.
- Theme Stats – I wrote this almost 6 years ago. It still works but could do with optimization, caching, etc.
- Unhook while switched – I wrote this primarily as a demo of how to enable/disable hooked functions while WP was switched to a second site. Like Cron Debug, this plugin has no UI and has room for someone to add features.